Building Our Future
We want to hear from you!
The District values questions, comments and feedback from parents and community members. Please Take Our Survey at http://tinyurl.com/BPSDPriorities to share your input.
Supporting Student Safety and Academic Success
Buena Park School District (BPSD) is committed to providing a rigorous educational program to our nearly 4,000 students from Buena Park and parts of La Palma, Anaheim, La Mirada, and Fullerton that nurtures academic growth in a safe, modern learning environment. Our strong schools improve the quality of life in our community for everyone.
Our schools were built in the 1960s and while many classrooms have been updated, some still need repairs. Roofs and old plumbing need replacement, outdated electrical systems do not support current technology standards, and nearly 100 old portable classrooms need to either be replaced or updated to permanent classrooms. To meet current safety and education standards, it is time to modernize and upgrade our schools.
Locally Controlled Funding for Our Local Schools
While no decisions have been made, BPSD is considering placing a school improvement bond measure on the November 2024 ballot to update our schools and continue providing a high-quality education.
Funding from a potential school improvement bond measure could be used to:
● Repair and upgrade older schools, classrooms and outdoor learning spaces so they meet current safety codes and provide proper access for students with disabilities
● Replace old portable classrooms to support high quality instruction in science, math, engineering, and technology
● Fix deteriorating roofs, plumbing, sewer, heating, ventilation, and electrical systems
● Keep computer systems and instructional technology up to date
● Improve student safety, campus security including fencing, cameras, intruder protection systems, emergency communications systems, smoke detectors, fire alarms, and sprinklers
Any potential bond measure would be transparent and include strict fiscal accountability provisions. All funds would be used in BPSD schools only and could not be taken away by the State or used for other purposes.
Contact the district by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buena Park School District Facilities Master Plan for 2023 - 2031