State COVID-19 Updates and Guidelines
WELCOME BACK BPSD!
As we look forward to welcoming students back to in-person instruction for the 2021-22 school year, please review the COVID-19 safety protocols below that are required for all California schools. Keep in mind that the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) may change school guidance, in which case we will update you on any changes to Buena Park School District (BPSD) protocols.
Please remind your student(s) to:
- Wash his/her hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Indoor - Regardless of vaccination status…
- Students are REQUIRED to wear masks while indoors, such as in classrooms.
- Staff is also REQUIRED to wear masks while sharing indoor space with students.
- Masks are provided, if needed.
- Masks are NOT REQUIRED for students but encourage when possible.
- Masks are not required for staff while outdoors.
- School Bus
- Masks are REQUIRED for students and staff, regardless of vaccination status.
- Student face mask exemptions are permitted with an approved mask exemption.
EDUCATIONAL PARTNERS AND VISITORS
- Educational Partners providing “essential services” will be permitted in schools.
- Visitor are not allowed on campus at this time.
- Daily self-screening is required, prior to coming to school. Use the Student Symptom Screen below, which are also located on the CDC website.
- Please have your student(s) stay home when sick and report the absence to his/her school.
Exemptions to masks requirements
The following individuals are exempt from wearing masks at all times:
- Persons younger than two years old. Very young children must not wear a mask because of the risk of suffocation.
- Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a mask. This includes persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a mask could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a mask without assistance.
- Persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Persons for whom wearing a mask would create a risk to the person related to their work, as determined by local, state, or federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines. For more information on masking please visit https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Schools-FAQ.aspx
Feedback to COVID-19 Safe Return to In-person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan
We are currently seeking the input of our community for feedback on our safe return to schools. If you have any feedback for us, we would love to hear about it. Please use the below website to send us your feedback. Thank you.
COVID-19 SAFETY FEEDBACK
Student Symptom Decision Tree: OCHCA
COVID Testing Resources
Orange County residents/families may order self-collection tests at NO COST and may order through the Orange County Health Care Agency website:
Testing labs provided by Orange County Health Care Agency rely on FedEx for shipping and delivery for COVID testing. Based on information reported to BPSD, most turnaround times for COVID testing results have take 24-48 hours for both delivery kits to homes and receiving testing results.
COVID-19 VACCINES: Vaccination is one of the most important tools to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Orange County is equitably distributing a safe and effective vaccine to everyone seeking vaccination age 12 and older, through a variety of distribution locations. See where vaccines are available near you HERE.
ALL people wishing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine must meet the minimum age requirement and show proof of age at the time of appointment. SEE REQUIREMENTS FOR MINORS. See FAQs about COVID-19 vaccines for tweens and teens from the American Academy of Pediatrics and CHOC Children’s Hospital in ENGLISH and SPANISH.
The OC COVID-19 Hotline is available to answer questions about vaccine-related issues, including booking appointments, location selection, or assistance with transportation. Live operators are available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (714) 834-2000.
UPDATE: As of 9-9-21, BPSD schools are phasing in COVID testing on site. Please contact your school nurse for more information on COVID testing for students.