McKinney Vento / Students Experiencing Homelessness
ATTENTION FAMILIES...DO YOU NEED RENTAL ASSISTANCE NOW?
OCHCA is here to assist but only for a limited time, act now!
The County of Orange has re-opened the Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program as of April 1, 2021. Applications will be accepted until April 30, 2021, or until funding is exhausted, whichever comes first.
Here’s a link to the application website: https://era.211oc.org/ On their behalf, we wanted to share the attached the updated flyers and videos (links below). Please note all this information is also posted on the ERA program webpage.
- English – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYNSplKTUbk
- Spanish – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xD2TUK_ups
- Simplified Chinese – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asEWojcedgw
- Farsi – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwS--pBECiU
- Korean – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSLkNRwnEZs
- Vietnamese – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SiQg7vuybM
There is also a state program. Application information can be found at this website: https://housing.ca.gov/
Below are OC Health Care Agency program flyers in the following languages:
The Buena Park School District provides support and services to our McKinney Vento students and families and in need. Please contact school principal, school office staff, or McKinney-Vento Director, Dr. Briseno Simonovski directly for additional information and eligibility.
We believe that all children, when provided the necessary tools, can succeed.
- Learning Supplies
- Nutrition Services
- Referrals to community agencies and resources
- Short term counseling support
- Coordinate community services and support
For students and families experiencing homeless or need further assistance, please visit the below resources :
Orange County Housing Database
Application to Access Points for Families experiencing Homelessness
National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth
Elsie Briseno Simonovski, Ph.D.
Director, Child Welfare & Attendance
Mc Kinney Vento Director
6885 Orangethorpe Ave.
Buena Park, CA 90620
If any qualified McKinney Vento student needs assistance with transportation to and/or from school, please contact Noemi Talavera at 714-736-4253 or email us at CWApermits@bpsd.us.
For more information or questions regarding your rights and support for Mc Kinney Vento students, please contact our office at 714-736-4253 or email us at CWApermits@bpsd.us.
New - Housing Assistance Resource Flyers from Family Solutions Collaborative (FSC)
The FSC is comprised of 24 leading family service organizations in Orange County working to prevent, divert and house homeless families in a prompt and coordinated effort through a collective impact model.
The flyers below provide:
- How to connect families experiencing homelessness (HUD’s definition/sheltered & unsheltered) to housing and shelter resources.
- How to connect families at-risk of homelessness (MV definition doubled up/hotels/motels) with assistance to diversion/prevention services such as; rental or utility assistance.
- Reminder the McKinney-Vento (education homeless definition) is broader than HUD’s (housing definition), and some MV families may not qualify for housing assistance.
How to get help: If you are a family that is currently experiencing homelessness or at-risk of becoming homeless:
- Please complete the online and confidential (Client Profile Form) and you will be contacted within two (2) business days.
- You may also call 211 for assistance, hours are; Mon–Fri, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Or if you need assistance in a language other than English, please call 211 directly and ask to be connected to a family access point.
- Si necesita otro idioma que no sea inglés, llame directamente al 211.