Action for Healthy Kids
Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK) is a national nonprofit that brings together dedicated volunteers and partners to make schools healthier places where kids thrive.
The AFHK grants for the Buena Park School District include:
- A hydroponic tower garden at Corey Elementary School
- A hydroponic tower garden at Whitaker Elementary School
- Hydroponic garden at Buena Park Middle School
- A revitalized vegetable and native California plant garden at Emery Elementary School
- A raised bed school garden at Gilbert Elementary School
- A raised bed school garden at Pendleton Elementary School.
- A wellness garden space at Beatty Middle School
- On-going support for the thriving agriculture and horticulture program at Buena Park Middle School
In addition, the BPSD District Wellness Committee is developing an action plan that includes family engagement events and ongoing coaching for parents/ caregivers and school staff.
Seri Hwang, Director of Educational Programs
Contact: Charlene Ball, Wellness Coordinator